Monday, June 04, 2007

So much to do!

We were away most of the weekend, only getting back early Sunday night. We rushed off to the allotment for a couple of hours and now my 'to do list' has gone crazy!

DONE:

  • Planted out some tiny Brussel Sprout plants through the black weed suppressant covering one of the brassicas bed. I didn't have the magic 'Vegetable Expert' book to remind me of appropriate planting distances so I just guessed. I'll check it later..
  • Started clearing the big, no, HUGE pile of crap that was our weeds and branches, and taking it to the green waste allotment skip. The skip arrived on Friday and by Sunday night it was full. Clearing this space is going to take months as now we'll need to wait for the next skip.
  • Weeded most of the other beds
TO DO:
  • Clear the space for the two squash plants (I've given the rest away), one pumpkin, the tomatoes and the cucumber and courgette plants that were gifts. I love swapping small plants with friends. They're getting a chili and a pepper plant from us. The rest of the tomatoes went to Bonzo's parents.
  • Finish off bordering the other beds (hopefully this will slow down the weeds (maybe, in my dreams..))
  • Prop up the fence/hedge between us and next doors plot. It's over hanging our plot in several places and shading the beds. It's not all bad though cos we've got some of their gooseberries poking through...
  • Level off the path between us and our allotment sharing buddies
  • Start of the sweetcorn plants (inside or outside, just don't know)
  • Pot up the chili, pepper and tomato plants
  • Have a BBQ! I've been looking forward to having a BBQ down the plot for ages, I can't wait! mmmm, lamb and vegetable kebabs, jacket potatoes, salads, burgers, corn on the cob... bananas with chocolate, marshmallows on sticks... Oh, yeah.
We seem to be busy doing other things most weekend so most of this stuff will have to get done in the evenings. Thank god we only have a half plot!

No comments: