Tuesday, April 24, 2007

New Shoots



The replacement peas (damn you evil weevils) and the sugar peas have started to appear now



and could that just be a teeny tiny tomato seedling? I thought I'd buggered the whole tray with my home-made greenhouse affair. I covered the tray in cling film to keep the moisture and warm in but didn't think to put breathing holes in for about a week. I was worried the seeds would just go mouldy in the soil.

In my brand spanking new window sill greenhouse I've sowed a few more tomatoes (gardeners delight), pumpkins, winter squash, chilli and sweet peppers, marigolds and sunflowers. Hmm, if the tomatoes I'd given up on in the tray all come up then I've really over done it. Still, I can hand out tomato seedlings at work. Everyone at work seems to be building new greenhouses at the moment. Everyone, sniff, except me, sniff.

No comments: